Thursday, May 27, 2010

When he saw the multitudes he was moved

By A.B. Simpson



He is able to be touched with the feeling of our infirmities (Hebrews 4:15). The word "touched" is very expressive. It means that our troubles are His troubles, and that in all our afflictions He is afflicted. It is not a sympathy of sentiment, but a sympathy of suffering. There is in this thought abundant help for the tired heart.

It is the foundation of Christ's Priesthood, and God meant that it should be to us a source of unceasing consolation. Let us realize more fully our oneness with our Great High Priest, and cast all our burdens on His great heart of love. if we know what it is to ache in every nerve with the responsive pain of our suffering child, we can form some idea of how our sorrows touch the heart of Christ.

As the mother feels her baby's pain, as the heart of friendship echoes every cry from another's anguish, so in heaven our exalted Savior, even in the raptures of that happy world, is suffering in His spirit and even in His flesh with all that His children bear.

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, . . . let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace (Hebrews 4:14,16) and let us come to our Great High Priest.


http://articles.christiansunite.com/article4504.shtml

2 comments:

  1. Just now discovering your many blogs. Surely, you have got to be one of the busiest bloggers out there! I'm brand-new to it myself, and see that we have certain teachers in common that we admire. As a matter of fact, one of my post just last week was on the hymn "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go"! How neat is that?

    I found Tents of Issachar by a link sent to me by Dusty Peterson. I wish there was more about you on your profile. I'm afraid I don't know where you stand on miracles and such. I believe that God, through Jesus Christ, can do anything, but I am terribly skeptical about 99% of the stuff out there. As Maj. Thomas says often, the Christian life can be miraculous, not necessarily sensational. And that's what I believe people crave: sensationalism.

    Very interesting sites...I look forward to dropping in more often. Hope you will do the same.

    In Christ,
    "Pearl"
    http://bethusminded.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pearl,

    Welcome to The Red Sky Warning.

    These blogspot blogs were deleted in the past, and then revived again.

    All their content was imported into Tents of Issachar wordpress blog around June? 2009.

    It's only in the past few weeks that I have started posting 'more regularly' on the blogspot blogs again.

    I have posted Dusty's article 'MEET THE MILLSTONES' on the Tents blog. Hope you have had read it.

    I do not believe in the flaky stuff that passes off as 'miracles', but I do believe and have seen that God DOES WORK MIRACLES. I agree with you about the 'sensationalism'.

    QUOTE:

    As a matter of fact, one of my post just last week was on the hymn "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go"! How neat is that?

    END QUOTE

    WOW! PRAISE GOD.

    I dropped by your blog and skimmed, will read more later.

    Please do drop by these blogs often.

    Thanks Pearl, so glad you dropped by and took the time to write.

    May God Richly Bless you
    swarna

    ReplyDelete