Wednesday, April 22, 2015

MY STRONG ROCK



By Bible Names of God


Psal 31:2 Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. {my...: Heb. to me for rock of strength}

David is in trouble. He wants deliverance and he calls upon the Lord for help. How natural it is! How like our own experiences! This verse is the opening of a great prayer. Turn to your Bible and read it through. Meditate upon it. Were it not true that in the Lord Jesus Christ we have an "anchor of the soul both sure and steadfast", to whom could we turn for refuge and deliverance? Where could we find rest? Praise His Name, we CAN come to Him and pray;

Dear Lord, we have anchored our faith upon Thee as "Our Strong Rock". Grant us Thy Promised Deliverance. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment