Friday, July 10, 2015

Oh! divine Redeemer

"Oh! divine Redeemer, out of whose inexhaustible
fullness I would daily draw a rich supply of grace
into my needy soul, be pleased to impart unto me
an undivided heart; that to please You, may be my
greatest happiness, and to promote Your glory my
highest honor. Preserve me from false motives, from
a double mind, and a divided heart. Keep me entirely
to Yourself, and enable me to crucify every lust,
which would tempt my heart from You. Enable me
by Your grace to walk in one uniform path of holy,
childlike obedience. When tempted to turn aside to
the right hand or to the left, may I keep steadily
Your way, until brought before Your throne, I see
Your face, behold Your smile, and fall in ecstasy
at Your feet, lost in wonder, love, and praise."
(Thomas Reade, "On the Blessedness of a New Heart")




No comments:

Post a Comment