Tuesday, May 12, 2020

The Word of God

The Word of God


"His delight is in the law of the LORD, and on His law he meditates day and night." Psalm 1:2

"Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors." Psalm 119:24

"I delight in Your commands because I love them." Psalm 119:47

"The law from Your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold." Psalm 119:72

The Word of God is:
  a light to our path,
  the key of the kingdom of Heaven,
  our comfort in affliction,
  our shield and sword against Satan,
  the school of all wisdom,
  the mirror in which we behold God's face, and
  the only food and nourishment for our souls!
(Preface to the Geneva Bible)

"Oh, how I love Your law! I meditate on it all day long." Psalm 119:97

"Truly, I love Your commands more than gold, even the finest gold." Psalm 119:127

"I obey Your statutes, for I love them greatly." Psalm 119:167

Link



No comments:

Post a Comment